Recipes Chicken & Turkey
Cecilia's Baked Chicken
Pour Kittawa Sprangs Dippin’ Sauce on chicken pieces.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or so.
Don’t forget to put the chicken in a pan FIRST………..and think about puttin’ foil in the pan too.
That might keep you from havin’ to go to the creek to wash the pan
The Johnson Sisters' Smoked Chicken
Everybody around here knows the Johnson sisters never agree on anything, so we’ll just tell you how both of them do it.
They pre-cook a cup of chicken tenders in a covered dish for about 15 minutes in their microwave oven….
(They’re pretty RICH)
Then they finish it on a grill.
Both sisters sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper on the chicken as it cooks.
Edna brushes the meat with Kittawa Sprangs the last few minutes the meat is cooking, while Ulna just dips it at the table.
Wings From The Sprangs
Get a package of chicken wings and cut off all the wing tips. Toss the tips away cause they don’t have ‘no meat.
Cut apart the two remaining parts.
EITHER bake the wings for 1 hour at 425 degrees…..OR deep fry them for 10 minutes in 400 degree oil.
When the wings are finished cookin’, pour about an inch of Kittawa Sprangs Dippin’ Sauce into an empty cereal bowl.
Now just drop two or three wings at a time into the sauce, roll them over, and put ’em on somebody’s plate.
“Stop, Drop, and Roll!” It’s as easy as that!
Warning…They disappear FAST!”
Dave B's Yummy Turkey Burgers
1 pound ground turkey
Kittawa Sprangs Dippin’ Sauce
Crush 2 handfuls of oyster crackers
Add Dippin’ Sauce to moisten (1/3 cup or so)
Add seasonings to taste: marjoram, nion powder (not onion salt), Mrs. Dash Tomato-Basil-Garlic variety (contains pepper)
Add ground turkey, mix, and form into 4 or 5 burgers
Grill or sauté in olive oil, flipping once
(You’ll flip once more when you taste ’em)
Stoney's Kittawa Sprangs Stir Fry (feeds 4)
Kittawa Sprangs Dippin’ Sauce
Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil
4–Medium-size skinless/boneless chicken breast medallions
10 oz–Kroger 3 Pepper and onion frozen blend vegetables
16 oz–Kroger mixed frozen vegetables
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the chicken medallions in a pan or bowl and cover generously with Dippin’ Sauce. Make sure both sides are equally saturated and allow marinating while preparing your vegetables.
2. Place 1/2 oz. (or enough to cover the bottom of the skillet) of the Olive Oil on medium heat on the stove top.
3. Place the pepper and onion frozen mix and the frozen mixed vegetables in the skillet. Mix thoroughly.
I sometimes put another splash of olive oil on top of the mixture if they look like they need a bit more coating.
Cover the mixture and let simmer. The heat should be just high enough to create steam and condenstion on the skillet top.
Let cook for 20 minutes or so, stirring your vegetables once at the ten minute mark.
4. While the vegetables are simmering, grill or cook on the stove the chicken medallions.
Cook until thoroughly finished.
5. When the meat is finished, brush more dippin’ sauce generously on both sides and place them in the stir fry pan with the vegetable mixture. Mix the vegetables over the top of the meat and sauce allowing the veggies to get a light coating of the dippin’ sauce.
6. Turn the heat to high and begin caramelizing the veggies and glazing the chicken. This should only take about 1-2 minutes . You should constantly stir and watch the skillet as to not burn the mixture.
7. The mixture should have a light orange tint to it when you remove and place them on a platter or in a large bowl for eating.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy the Garlic Toast with this dish.
Don’t tell anybody, but a big bowl of Maplenut Ice Cream hits the spot for dessert!